The bathroom is one place we don’t always think of that’s lurking with toxins. Convtional beauty and hygiene products are full of harmful ingredients, so if you haven’t swapped them out already, I’m challenging you to clean out your bathrooms today. Toss out all of the products that aren’t truly clean (watch out for those green washed items! They’re unfortunately everywhere) and replace them with something so much better for you and the environment!
- Toothpaste. You can read my post here that goes into all the chemical ingredients in conventional toothpaste. I recommend a swap out for Davids or Dr. Bronners. For a baby toothpaste, we really like Jack and Jill.
- Deodorant. I like making my own (recipe here) but if you’re not into that I recommend Pachi. They have men’s and women’s, they smell amazing and they actually work great!
- Sunscreen. Just like many things, conventional sunscreen is chock-full or harmful toxins. I love BRAND and it works really well too. I would also recommend Badger’s. They both perform amazing and are very clean.
- Lotion. I think here are a lot of non toxic lotions easily available, but I really like Acure and Dr. Bronners.
- Shampoo. Read my post about oil training, and then swap out that toxic shampoo for Wild Willow (local company!) or Griffin.
- Hand soap. There are quite a few decent hand soaps at regular stores now, but if you want something super-clean that smells amazing, works amazing, and lasts awhile I highly recommend Kosmotology.
- Dry shampoo. Not many people know that there is a clean version of dry shampoo out there! I have good news for you, this one from Green and Gorgeous not only works incredibly well, but for me it doubles as finishing powder (for those rare times I wear makeup) and one thing lasts a really long time!
- Eye makeup remover. I love this little kit from BRAND. It’s a great swap out choice for a clean product and the cloth is so soft it feels like clouds are washing your mascara off.
- Skin care. You guys know my deep love (possibly obsession) with Cocokind Skincare. If you’re using a conventional cleanser on your face, swap it out for this brand. Their cleansers are oil based which is ideal for all skin types, yes even oily! If you are already using a natural oil cleanser, I still would recommend trying out Cocokind. They’re organic, well-sourced, high performing, and every item is priced so amazing!
- Makeup. Head over to tour closest natural grocery store and pick up some cacao powder. This is now your eyebrow powder and bronzer. I also really like the makeup made by 100% Pure and BRAND.
There are so many non toxic choices out there, and many of them are great. Do what works for you. These are purely my recommendations for products I know and use.
These products are also SUPER easy to find. I like to purchase my stuff from The Choosy Chick because they carry all the brands I love in one place, making purchases simple and quick.
Here’s to getting all the toxic products out of your bathrooms, and a wonderful Thursday.
If you want to see the video from Good Things Utah that goes with this post, you can watch it here!