Jade rolling is something I quickly grew fond of doing. If you are looking for a simple and inexpensive spa treatment for home use, look no further than a jade roller! The benefits are endless, so jade rolling is truly for everyone.
I have been using a roller from Jade Roller Beauty and I love it. Great quality and a great company. I have been really impressed and would 100% recommend buying from them.
what is a jade rolling?
Jade is a stone used in Chinese medicine that helps cleanse and drain the lymphatic system.
benefits of jade rolling
- clears toxins
- tones facial muscles
- improves skin elasticity
- promotes lymphatic drainage
- helps clear breakouts on jaw and chin
- stimulates blood flow
- reduces puffiness
- stimulates collagen production
- can minimize pore size
- headache relief
- boosts circulation
- reduces inflammation
- helps clear sinus congestion
how to use your jade roller
After regular cleansing, exfoliating, masking, toning, etc….
- apply moisturizer or face serum
- forehead and temples: start with the large side of your roller in the center of your forehead closest to your hair line. roll the stone gently, moving down toward your ears, to your temple. always move outwards, away from your face. repeat 4-7 times, covering you whole forehead. move slowly, without applying too much pressure. repeat on the other side of your forehead.
- eyes: using the small end of your roller, roll gently over eyelids and under eye areas. starting in the inner corners, rolling out to your ears.
- nose and cheeks: start in the center and roll away from your nose, toward your cheeks. roll over cheeks toward your ears. again, repeat 4-7 times.
- chin and lips: using the same technique, roll gently across lips and chin toward ears.
- jawline: roll gently along jawline to your earlobes. then, starting at the chin, use a sweeping motion upward toward cheekbones, then out to your ears.
- neck: start at the top and roll downwards to collar bones.
- rinse, apply toner and moisturizer (I love using this after a mask + jade rolling)
cleaning and storing
after use, wipe roller off with a damp cloth and dry. do not use hot water, harsh cleaners or soaps. I recommend storing in the fridge, but you can store it wherever you like and place it in the freezer a few minutes before each use if you like it cold. it doesn’t have to be cold, but I like it that way.
how often to use
you can jade roll 2-4 times a day, but I personally use it once a day. I love it so much though, that if I had more time, you would catch me doing this 4 times a day! each session will take about 5-10 minutes but you could do it in as little as 2 if you didn’t have much time but still wanted to squeeze it into your routine.
your skin should be flush after. your body will be detoxifying so you will want to hydrate with TONS of water! flushing with water will help this process a lot.
I would love to hear from you! have you tried jade rolling?
*Jade roller gifted by Jade Roller Beauty