Good morning babes! Hope everyone has had a great week, and that you are ready to take on Friday! I have been getting a TON of emails and DM’s asking about my postpartum anxiety and how I am treating it. I knew I needed to address it all in one post, because there is a lot that goes into this subject, at least for me! I want to mention first of all that I am not a medical professional and everything I do works best for me personally. That might not be the case for you. We are all so different and the biggest thing is to do what works best for you and your family! I have tried so many things before I got to this point where I finally know what works and what does not for me.
I share a little bit of my backstory on postpartum anxiety and depression here. I also shared in this post the things I did when I first noticed that I was suffering from postpartum anxiety. Our baby is now 15 months, and things have changed in how I address these things. Here iI share mindfulns what I am doing now:
- Ashwaghanda I take two capsules daily, and if I am feeling off or having a hard day, I take more.
- Maca I add 1-2 t to a latte or smoothie that I have throughout the day.
- Collagen You can read more about collagen here. I take 1 serving of it daily, usually in a smoothie or oatmeal.
- I limit my caffeine more than I used to. I will have 1-2 cups of coffee a day, on a good day. On a day I am feeling stressed or off, I will stick with a cup of matcha. Try swiss water method decaf, matcha, or Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee.
- I track my sleep, and stick to a consistent schedule. I use the “bedtime” feature on my iPhone to keep myself on track to go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday. I allow myself time to be up before my kids, too so I have time to start my day with mindfulness, exercise, writing, or whatever it is I need that day.
- Mindfulness has played a huge role, too. I share mindfulness tips on Mondays, either here or on my Instagram. One of my favorite tools has been my Purposeful Planner. It is my space where I log all my to-do lists, keep my life organized, meal plan, brain storm, all that. It’s really been helpful with my anxiety because it’s an easy way for me to keep track of everything and make sure I am giving myself what I need. I start each morning in my planner and it gives me a great start to the day.
So these are the things I am doing now, at 15 months postpartum, and I am feeling really good! I am also going to be trying out hypnotherapy soon too, and will keep you guys updated there.
Thanks so much for reading,