A side braid is often my go-to style. It’s fast and easy and I don’t always need a mirror to do it. But I can’t ever decide between a fishtail and a plain Dutch. So I do both! I also just feel like this is a great style to share for this weekend. I hope you try it out!
Here is how I do it:
- Start with straight hair, parted to the side.
- Start a Dutch braid at the top of your part and follow along as close to your hair line as possibles.
- Once you finish incorporating hair into your braid (should stop about your earlobe!), dive the middle piece into the two outer crossovers.
- Begin a Dutch fishtail braid and finish braiding the rest of your hair.
- Pull the braid out to be as chunky as you want.
- Secure with an elastic.
- Pull out a few pieces to frame your face.
That’s it! Let me know what you guys think! If you try this style out please use the hashtag #tessamariehair on social media so I can see!
Thanks so much for reading! I hope everyone had a great, long weekend!